View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 08:11 AM   #22
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

News updates, just news? When I'm not at home, I use my phone. For video or if I'm at home with access to a TV, I'll always choose the TV. Internet is a secondary source for me, because I've got to do all the work - I've got to click through to find the games I want, etc. Sometimes I'll do that, but most times I enjoy a more passive experience of having it brought to me. This kinda mirrors my comments in the music thread about being burned out on having to search for new music these days. It's just a lot of work. I'm not completely "done" with the internet, but I'm closer to being "finished" with it than not. It's a useful tool, but not the be-all, end-all I used to think it was. So if I'm sitting home on a Saturday night and want to see highlights from 3 big baseball games that afternoon, I'll turn on (or used to turn on) ESPNews (or MLB Quck Pitch at the end of the night).

As far as phones, my phone can show me video, but it's a lot more time consuming and (most importantly to me) battery consuming than it's worth. I almost always use my phone to follow live games and to read stats/narrative. I think I've pulled up a video on my phone less than a dozen times since I've had the capability.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-10-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote