View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 01:52 AM   #858
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: TE Rick Rivers. This was close, QB Grady High came very, very close. However, I’ve had two or three lights out seasons by Qbs before, but this is the best season by a TE I’ve ever had, period.

Defensive Player of the Year: DE Sam Walden. Led the league in sacks, got All Pro after having just 1.5 sacks last year, really rejuvenated his career.

Special Teams Player of the Year: K Darrin Maloney - Finally put all of the pieces together for a great season. Thanks Darrin!

Rookie of the Year: P Bennie Bridges - The Bridges experiment was a success. He had a better average and better punts in 20 average than Kelly had the last several years, and this year as well. This is despite being green in some areas.

Heart Award: QB George Carrell - On several occasions, Carrell had to spell High after he had been dinged. Here are Carrell’s stats: 27 of 45, 347, 2:2, 79.9. These are good stats for a rookie green QB. If High had those 45 passes added to his total, he might have had a record breaking year instead of a really good one.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote