View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #247
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Bringing this epic thread back for a more serious discussion.

I was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago, and saw a new game called 'Blackjack Switch'. It allows you to play two hands, and if you'd like, switch the second card dealt to each hand between the hands. Seems like easy money, right? But there's a catch. Blackjacks are only paid even money, and if the dealer gets a 22, then all hands push. I'm very leery of these new games, as they all seem to have a huge house edge.

But this one appears to only have a 0.2% house edge. But to get to that, there is a ton of math involved around the proper times to switch the cards.

hxxp://wizardofodds.com/blackjackswitch

The strategy once the switch decision is made is straightforward, but the math behind the switch decision is mind numbing. That is a lot to memorize and keep track of. But I like a challenge!

I'm heading back out to Vegas at the beginning of October, and probably will give this a shot between time at the poker tables. Anyone have any first hand experience with this variant?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote