View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 04:08 AM   #200
Radii
Head Coach

-- We receive $29,500 for our first round FA Cup win.

-- Stelios Nikolaou will play in Cyprus U21 matches on Nov 15th and Nov 19th.

FA Cup 2nd Round Draw

We will play at home against League 1 side Peterborough. Bad news there as Peterborough are currently 1st in League 1.

-- Giuseppe Sole is getting upset about his lack of first team soccer. Sorry bud, its just not in the cards. With Harsanyi/Subotic/Pablo and Ademola able to play the position and the ability to go midfielder heavy with a 4-1-2-2-1 formation if we have injury problems... its time to let Sole go. He's transfer listed.

November 16th, 2013

Leyton Orient(6-8-1, 8th) @ Woking(6-4-5, 11th)

We're heavy dogs at home here, this is an interesting matchup, mid-table team at home coming off two poor losses in league play. Can we win some of these and stay relevant or do we fall into 16th-20th place, not relegated but sucky?

They are 4:6 favorites, we're 7:2 home dogs, ouch.

Today's lineup with Nikolaou out on international duty:

GK: Lynch
DEF: Williams/Thomas/Smith/Ogogo
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Jesus/Downes
ST: Subotic/Pablo

Central Midfielder Marc Fitzpatrick is my biggest worry, 2 goals/4 assists and a 7.22 overall rating, extremely quick and determined and hard working. He could cause us big problems and we'll try to close down on him and force him to use his weak left foot.

7': Subotic with the first on target shot, a long effort after a nice Upson pass. We earn a corner, its taken well, the keeper dives out for it and the net is open, but Pablo misses on a header.

11': a fast counter led by Pablo, he runs the defense back into the area, passes the ball to Upson at the 18 yard mark, he fires a shot immediately and beats the keeper!! 1-0

23': Pablo with a nice run down the right side, he makes a couple nifty moves to get free and places a nice cross, Subotic is there but his header is well over.

34': Upson with a key header, the kind of challenge on a ball in the air we didn't have someone who could win and direct before... this was deep in defense, a clearance comes floating out, Upson gets to it, heads it forward perfectly to Jesus, Jesus plays it to Subotic just over midfield, Subotic and Pablo are on the same wavelength, Pablo breaks towards the goal, Subotic with a long through ball, Pablo runs onto it after being just a couple steps onside, and Pablo gets into the area and buries it. A really, really great goal. The shot itself was routine but the flowing forward from winning a ball in the air that could have easily ended up back in our penalty area to quickly and precisely getting it forward so Pablo could score... wonderful. 2-0

HALF: 7:2 dogs my ass. Pablo is having a hell of a game. Upson is looking awesome back from his short injury a couple weeks ago. Lets keep it up! We have 8 shots, 3 on target, 1 clear cut the other a great strike. Leyton Orient with 5 shots, all off target. They dominate possession 58/42 over us, but we are putting together some very nice moves.

65': Yeah, noting this b/c we just skipped from 46 to 65 without a highlight.

75': Ball in for Upson, his first game back, he is way more tired than anyone else on the pitch.

84': A long throwin for Leyton Orient, a through ball from fitzpatrick and a missed tackle from Thomas leads to a Letyon Orient goal. 2-1

84': Clapham in for Jesus, and we set out to stall these last 5-10 minutes away.

That'll do. They attack hard but don't get a shot off the rest of the way.

Woking 2 : 1 Leyton Orient

Its nice when teh ratings match what I saw in the highlights.

Upson with an 8.3 rating and man of the match for his goal. 5/5 tackles, 9/10 on headers, 5 key ones. Great game. This guy may be the new O'Sullivan as far as me lavishing constant praise on him.

Pablo has a goal and an assist, 8.2 rating. He is one of the first strikers I've ever had on my team who can make something happen from anywhere on the pitch if he has the ball. Its fun whenever he gets it.

Subotic with the other assist today, 7.1 rating there.

Elsewhere: Ogogo (7.1), Williams (7.0).

No one was below 6.7. Big win!

For now, this puts us in 9th, just 3 points out of a playoff spot. I don't consider us serious playoff contenders, but the longer we stay up here, the better off we will be.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote