View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Bullinas Honored by FOOLX Hall of Fame
Friday, October 28th, 2022: Enshrinement beckoned for José Bullinas, as he was inducted into the FOOL-X Hall of Fame today. Bullinas, who played many of his 2855 games at right fielder, was an outstanding hitter and batted .319 over his career and swatted 374 home runs. Baseball's newest legend collected 1713 RBIs and scored 1867 runs during his illustrious career.

But while he was class act on the field, it was off the field where José Bullinas shined the most. He quietly integrated himself in his team's community, selflessly donating his time and money to various causes. The press was largely unaware of his charity and Bullinas never made a fuss about it.

"I played a child's game for many years and this game brought me fame and fortune," Bullinas explained during his ceremony. "For some people, it's enough, but my mother raised me to realize that money doesn't make a person great. Being good at a game doesn't make a person great. Helping those in need and giving of yourself selflessly is what makes a person great. And that's what I have tried to be my entire life: great, both on the field and off of the field."

Last edited by Alan T : 09-11-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote