View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #899
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
While, I can't speak for Jericho or Flashforward, since I never watched them, I never once considered any time I spent watching "Rome", "Deadwood" or "Firefly" to be wasted. Was I disappointed that they were cancelled before their time and didn't get a chance to tell their full stories? Abso-fucking-lutely. The cancellation of "Firefly" killed a little of me inside, permanently.

But, all those shows were so great, even in their incomplete form, that I never once felt like I was "wasting" time while watching them. Hell, I've seen every episode of "Firefly" at least 3 times and most more than that. Never feel like I'm wasting time while I do it. I love them too much.

Same goes for Martin's books. I've read all 4 at least 4 times each. I love it. They fill me with great happiness. It will suck beyond belief and kill a part of me inside if he never finishes, but I still will cherish the time I spent in that world and with those characters. That is not time I consider "wasted".

Hopefully, the quality of the HBO series will make me feel the same.

Good point. Shouldn't have said wasted time...should more just be like "dissapointment they were never fully realized."

I'm still bummed in a ways that I wasn't able to contribute more to the Westeros mod for MTWII. Joined the team and then was largely an epic slacker, but I just don't have the time to do more than like...offer ideas and such.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-13-2010 at 02:40 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote