View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 08:50 AM   #508
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Great tips. I admit, I don't drink as much water as I should. When I have classes I drink about 32 oz. per hour. So if I take a 1 hr. class i drink 32oz and if i take 2 classes its closer to 60 oz. Of course thats not enough because I'm sweating so damn much. I definitely need to up my water intake. We dont usually but juice and when we do, we get Simply Orange/Apple ut its actually pretty rare. We do buy skim milk, so my beverage intake is either water or milk with the ocassional diet soda when we eat out (which isnt very often). We have been getting Cream Smoothies from Sonic since they're half off but a small one packs 430 calories! My justification is that I workout a hell of a lot and burn about 600-800 calories per session. Its not the right approach and it explains why I've maintained instead of lost. I need to work on changing that viewpoint, but its hard.

So anyway, tomorrow I'm starting the Y10X class and I'm pretty nervous. Jamie is my trainer. She's the one that's been kicking my ass in Zumba and the ocassional BodyCombat class. Looking forward to it though because the class is small (6ppl last i checked), so its almost gonna be like having a personal trainer.

Sounds good! The ass-kicking workout part I mean.

As far as the cream smoothies - do they keep in the fridge decently at all? you could buy a small and drink it over two days as a dessert...re-blend it the second day? Or could you make yourself smoothies with frozen fruit and nonfat milk?

It's important to give yourself some sort of treat/vice - the key is just moderation. That was one thing I learned...it's okay to go to the convenience store and have a York peppermint patty, but if you do then you have to make adjustments for those calories elsewhere.

i think the key is not to make food your enemy by having an adversarial relationship with it, or depriving yourself of enjoying it. the key is just enjoying it in moderation.

shrinking your stomch so that you need less food to feel "full" is a helpful way of doing that. and it's not all that difficult. but you've also got to recognize that you won't be perfect everyday.

so maybe you'll "fall off the wagon" and have some high-calorie food one weekend, or really crave a handful of goldfish late at night (like i did last night). don't deny yourself the pleasure of it...just moderate it. have some fruit and water beforehand and sit and think about whether you really need those calories, or want those calories.

i always try not to leave the house hungry too, particularly if i'm heading over to someone else's for a party or something. drink a bunch of water first, eat some fruit or crunchy veggies (baby carrots are an incredible convenience), because the odds are that when you go out, even if it's to someone else's house, your food options will be much less healthy than anything you're preparing internally.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote