View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #31
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I love the talent Rodgers has, but I think he takes far to many sacks. I liken him to a more talented version of Rob Johnson in that regard. That impacts my picking of him for two reasons:

1) when he faces a good pass rush in the playoffs, I'm not confident he'll be able to avoid sacks.

2) With all the shots he takes, I can't imagine he'll stay healthy for long. He takes far more shots than any other big name QB.

It is a QB league. I would go with Manning. Yes, he's 34. But he's never had a ton of mobility (so what is age really going to take away?), he's never been hurt, and I think he would last me at least 6 years. (plenty of time to build a Super Bowl contender in today's NFL. I'd also love to have him around to mentor my next QB. If I were to take a QB in the 25-29 age range, I'd probably go with Rivers, even if I'd hate to cheer for the jack ass. (no need to go into the debate again, I think he's a jerk, it doesn't matter what I think, we can end it there)

Now, assuming a QB couldn't be taken, a lot of interesting names appear. Mario Williams, Patrick Willis, Revis, Ware, Thomas, Clady, Long, etc.

My personal choice would be one of those first two Barring injury, you have two hall of fame calibur players, already among the best at their positions in the league and both under the age of 26. Very nice.

Did you really just compare Aaron Rodgers to Rob Johnson in some form? Rodgers took all them sacks early last season because his line was absolutely brutal FYI. Manning wouldnt have been able to do much better.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote