View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #40
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't get the ratings sometimes, although I know there's a reason for everything in there.

For instance, if you check out Havana's ratings, the only one that makes sense is the OF ("C" although, IMO, it might be better than that).

At SP, I am a B. IMO, that part of the team was the reason we fell apart last season.We signed Castro, but we lost Jimenez. So that grade should be lower.

Everywhere else, it's all "F", if you can believe it.

In the pen, I don't have any truly dominant players, and I lost my closer. So I would have been surprised if I got a good grade out of middle relief and closer. That said, I have a lot of guys who it seems to me have performed pretty well, even if they're not dominant star relievers. I would think I would be in the D/C category.

And then there's C & the INF spots. Again, I am no great shakes here. There are no stars. The one guy I had who seemed to be close to a star was Ruiz, and I had to let him walk (and the bastard keeps turning down my offers to come back). 1B should definitely be an F, since the guys I have looked to play there aren't listed as 1B.

That said, I have a catcher with decent defensive ability and 8 CON/7 POW. I have a couple light POW/good CON hitters at 2B. I have low CON/high POW guys at 3B. And I have a SS who is fairly okay defensively and who is decent at the plate. None of these positions should be A, and I would be surprised at a B. But F?

Additional important factoid that may not be known: This same group of players, minus Ruiz, led the RL in runs scored last season and in several other offensive categories. I lost last year because of pitching, not hitting.

So, anyway, just curious about that. I admit it's no wonderful team, but I admit I was surprised at a string of "F"s from RP to SS.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote