View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 10:50 AM   #46
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, speaking of the differences between FOOLX and FOOL, has anyone noticed this phenomenon?

It seems to me, in FOOL, you can bring a guy up early (with much room to spare between his Currents and his Potentials) and his Potentials won't necessarily drop to match (at least not unless he is an older prospect, like 27). Instead, he will often continue to grow to reach his Potentials while playing his first few seasons in the bigs.

In FOOLX, it seems like the second you bring a guy up to the bigs, his ratings are largely locked in at that point. They may go up a point in that rookie year, and there are often annusal variations around a general mean throughout the player's career, but usually they stay roughly the same, and within a year or two after reaching the majors, that player's Potentials will have dropped to match the Currents.

It's frustrating a bit, because development in the minors in FOOLX can seem to have little impact at times, thanks in part to the "10" rating system as opposed to the "100" rating used in FOOL.

I thought it might be platform related, but I first noticed this trend in FOOLX when the league was using OOTPX, and now that FOOL is on OOTPX, it still doesn't seem to be falling into that pattern. But on OOTP11, FOOLX is still doing this. So I am not sure what to make of that.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote