View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 08:51 PM   #164
Groundhog
Coordinator

w00t! We beat the Seminoles in another pretty spectacular game. They scored the first 14 points of the game with their running game, but we had a FG and a big TD pass at the end of the half to make it 10-14. In the 2nd half we scored in the 4th to go up by 3, when the Seminoles complete an amazing TD with 50 seconds left (naturally) to go up by 3 and kill my spirits. With 30 seconds left we run a long passing play and the Seminoles surprisingly blitz, leading to a long pass that sets us up first and goal at the 3 with about 15 seconds left (I had so much room on that pass that I tried to milk the clock with the ball and got tackled right before the endzone...), and then run it in on the next play to go up by 3, and the Seminoles aren't able to score on some desperation plays to finish off the game.

We really shut down the Seminoles running game after the 1st Q and I'm beginning to get the hang of these triple option plays in my play book. Very useful against an aggressive blitzing D like the Seminoles were playing most of the game.