View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 01:13 PM   #124
thesloppy
Pro Starter

If anything, all the dialog on this show suffers from too much composure, and the stuff most worthy of cringing comes from trying to jam in too much (shoddy) character development into a tiny time frame.

And the third episode just caused me to echo the thoughts I had after the second episode...the pilot had me interested in a moody take on the zombie theme, with a lone character wandering into and out of random situations, struggling to cope with zombie reality, and its unique challenges. Instead, he was reunited with his wife, child, and an old friend (and romantic rival) in barely any time, and thrown into a tired group dynamic we've seen a million times before in any number of movies/shows. It seems pretty obvious that the majority of plot action is now going to be centered on interpersonal/relationship bullshit in a zombie setting, rather than straight up survival. Certainly there's a place for such stuff, but as SteveMax noted, those themes aren't all that unique in today's TV world (the Jericho comparison, with it's many post-apocalyptic love triangles, seems particularly apt after 3 episodes), and it's not the show I was looking for, nor the one I thought I was getting after the pilot.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 11-15-2010 at 01:23 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote