View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #290
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

The C+ Duke Blue Devils (3-2) hosted the A- rated Miami Hurricanes (2-3) this week. The Hurricanes, who last week were rated #24 in the nation, have had a moderately disappointing year, but were hoping to turn it around against my poor Duke team in the rain. The game started out innocently enough with me going up 3-0. Then the Canes fell apart. For almost the entirety of the game, they insisted on running on first and second down, and then if third down was necessary, passing or scrambling with Jacori Harris. This strategy did not pay off. Their HB fumbled the ball over to us twice, once in the first quarter in their own territory, and again in the third quarter just two yards away from paydirt. Meanwhile, our offense was clutch all day long. We didn't make a lot of plays, but when a play needed to be made, it got done. Our HB Hollingsworth ran for 90 yards and a TD, including a backbreaking run of 31 yards in the third quarter. Our QB Renfree was accurate when he had to be, and his best pass came with just 54 second left in the first half when he hit our WR Foster on a post pattern for a TD to put us up 20-0.

We completely dominated this game, and I have no qualms with admitting that if it hadn't been for home field advantage, the game may have turned out very differently. Miami didn't score until there was just four minutes left in the game, and by then they were down 30-0. I'm very impressed and happy with this win. We are now 4-2, and just two wins away from becoming bowl eligible. I uploaded four vids for your pleasure