View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 11:54 PM   #13
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Saturday, Week 2, February 2010

Another addition to the roster that needs no introduction as we reach agreement with veteran WW Frank Trigg (19-8) for a four fights over the next 21 months for $7,500 per fight.

On the other hand, there's no way I can seem to justify $50,000 per fight for any length of contract for 41 y/o HW Naoya Ogawa. We didn't mind giving him a chance to return to work, just not at that kind of price.

Sunday, Week 2, February 2010
Same song, next verse. Wouldn't pay Ogawa $50k per fight, not going to pay 34 y/o WW Hayato "Mach" Sakurai that much either. Enjoy working for peanuts for Dream & Shooto buddy.

Much more tolerable were the demands of 39 y/o HW Jeff "The Snowman" Monson (31-8). He'll join us for a 5/3 deal over 21 months for just $2,500 per fight.

Also today, we announced plans for UFC 111 to be held in California in two weeks time, on the final Sunday of this month. Details coming very shortly.

Monday, Week 3, February 2010
There may come a time when we're willing to pay Aleksander Emelianenko $140,000 per fight but that time has not yet arrived.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-25-2010 at 03:18 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote