View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 07:51 AM   #449
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Disc Drivin' takes some getting used to--at first I thought I just flicked once to move the disc but it turns out you need to drag your finger from the bottom of the screen to the top rather than flick with a finger. I'm doing much better now that I figured this out!

yeah, meant to post this little bit of help last night but it was just too late. It comes from this tourney from the people at We Heart Games. Here goes:
Quote:

I’ve been told that formal instructions are coming in an update. Here are some important tips from what I’ve learned so far:
  • Swipe speed and angle matter. You don’t just follow the aiming arrow exactly. You can swipe from the very bottom of the screen to the very top.
  • There’s an invisible “ceiling”. If you shoot to high up in the air, your disc will burst for lack of oxygen. Or something.
  • You need energy to use power-ups. You can get energy by:
    • Moving — it builds as you slide; faster if you’re behind.
    • Bumping other discs — you get some energy, they lose some.
    • Knocking a disc off the track — you get even more, they lose all of theirs.
    • Sliding through a lightning bolt.
  • You can only use power-ups while you’re moving.
  • It’s possible to use more than one power-up per turn.
  • Switch power-ups by pressing the button in the lower-left corner. You can even switch power-ups while you’re sliding.
  • Power-ups are:
    • Turbo: Boosts in the direction you’re moving so be careful around walls or you could go sideways or even backwards.
    • Stop: helpful to keep you from falling off the track, or to line yourself up for a jump, or stop yourself after a jump.
    • Oil slick
    • Bomb
    • Ghost: go through bumpers, obstacles, other discs, oil slicks & water. Bombs break apart if you hit them while ghosted. Will still bounce off the track walls. If you end your turn “inside” an obstacle or another disc, you get reset to your starting position but don’t lose any energy.
    • Jump

Even I learned something, especially about some of these boosts and what they do...

FM