View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #995
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
There just seem to be so many random aspects with no way for the gamer to learn from why they gained a player or why they didn't. If I could see a personality for a player saying they want to play for a small school, I can adjust my strategy accordingly. If a player wants to go out of state, I can adjust accordingly. As it is, there's nothing there to gauge any of those extra pieces that are important in a game such as this.

Well, if a guy is interested in your school (ie. above 'average' for interest), you can pretty much deduce this yourself. That's how I look at it anyway. My Northwestern State squad (located in LA) has 100 prestige, but it's not like every recruit in Louisiana has me at Very High. If there's a 5-star prospect in LA who has me as Average or worse, yet Very High for some LA or near LA school with worse prestige than mine, I can infer from that that the recruit is not as interested in prestige as he is in other factors. There's still a chance I can land him given my recruiting skill and budget however.

Looking through the game over a long period of time, it's obvious to me that the recruiting system works well. Coaches with high recruit skills bring in good players, and most of the good players are going to good teams, with exceptions, just like real life.