View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #153
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Forgot to mention in my reporting of the Yeovil loss that we suffered a more important loss in that game. Star left winger and spark plug of our attack, Dean Cox, twisted his knee in the game and will miss about three weeks. I'll be trying out Byron Hart and Danny Schofield on that left winger spot.

January 23, 2013
We play 24th place Macclesfield at Mill Hill and despite our difference in our respective positions in the standings, it's a very close game. We succeed in winning it, although only 1-0. Our possession was the key.

January 24, 2013
Hrm, one week from the transfer deadline and my scout comes raving about a left fullback that he claims is twice the player our best left back Peter Gilbert is. Name is Marcus Williams and he's 26yo and without a contract. Even better, he's not looking for the moon in terms of wages, only $1350 a week. I offer him $1050 for a two year contract and he agrees. Welcome to Mill Hill, Marcus!

Once he gets to the club, my assistant's enthusiasm is a bit more subdued. He says he's a four star rated player (current and potential ability) and that he's "a lot better" than Peter Gilbert. My scout had rated him as a 6 star kind of player.

Still, whenever I can replace a starter by a player who's qualified as "a lot better", it's good in my book.

FM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 130125Williams.jpg (51.0 KB, 77 views)