View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #9
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

November

A very ugly start to the season as we go 1-3, losing 2 home games and our only win was against Northern Arizona. Oller's scoring is way down at 15.8 and nobody else other than Stevens is getting it going. Good thing it is very early on. Lots of time to figure things out.

No recruiting news this month. This large recruiting class I need to bring in, and the lack of results I am getting could hamper our growth for years to come. A very bad sign.

December

Much better this month. We go 5-1 to take our overall record to 6-4 on the year. Oller is up to 19.1 ppg. Stevens and Culbreth averaging double figures as well. Lukas is a solid 8 and 8 guy at PF. We even finished the month with two 100 point scoring games.

We get 3 devastating rejections in the recruiting this month, only able to sign one guy. He is pretty decent, but we failed this year in recruiting.

C Raul Edgar, 3 stars, rated #279. B potential in both ORB and DRB and a C in INS.
I currently have 2 offers out that I would say I am about 50/50 to land. I throw a couple more offers out to guys sight unseen, only because they are 3 star prospects and have no current offers. That never really works out too well, but if I can just hobble together a few bodies, at least I'll have some bench guys moving forward.

January

We had a couple of non-conference games with we took care of, then entered A10 play this month. We opened the A10 schedule with a win at Temple, always a good league team. We then dropped 2 in a row to Umass and richmond on the road. We rebound with 2 home wins against Umass and Temple (completing the season sweep against them).

Our record is 11-6 and 3-2 in conference. Our RPI is 103.

4 scholarship rejections. Nobody signed. 1 signee out of 5 so far. Very disappointing. I am battling Hawaii for an Australian kid and then blindly offer 3 more scholarships just so we have some bodies on the practice floor next year.

February

Well, any thoughts of us actually being a little bit good are gone. We had a challenging schedule to star the month with league leading Charlotte and fringe top 25 (#25 and #24 to be exact) Xavier and Dayton. We drop all three, plus 2 more before we rally to win our last 3 at home. We finish this month at 14-11 and 6-7. We really can't afford to lose any more conference game if we are to finish above 500. Perhaps an 8-8 record will meet demands?

Four more declined scholarships and I blindly throw offers at 4 new guys, all 1 star, but top 1000 players. One for 4 different positions. I've never had a recruiting year as bad as this one. I'm not sure how far reaching the effects will be.

March

3 more losses to wrap up the regular season leaves us at 14-14 (6-10). The AD will be pissed and I probably have 1 more year to turn this thing around.

Post Season

Another quick one. We lose to Temple, who we beat twice this year, 84-79.
Temple beat Umass for the A10 Title.

NCAA Top Seeds: Michigan State, Texas, Memphis, UCLA

Final 4: Michigan State (1), Texas (1), Duke (2), UCLA (1)

USC beats Arizona State for the NIT title.

Michigan State beats UCLA for the National Title.

C Isidro Gample was named to the A10 all Freshman Team.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote