View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #145
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, let’s talk turkey. Virizion is not something I need, type wise. That gives me a 6th slot and Thundurus makes sense there, but he duplicates things I already have. Thundurus has better stats than Foudre, despite Foudre being 5 levels higher. It’s silly to keep Foudre in the party. Thundurus’s moves are a bit wonky, but I can fix that with Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt and perhaps Fly. At that point, the only reason to keep Quackers is the water/surf thing. If I find a more powerful water Pokemon, it stands to reason that I would switch to it from Quackers. Let me take a gander and my pokies again.

Alright, I drop off Quackers and Foudre grab both Spotlight and Thundurus. Spotlight is given an Exp Share, and Thundurus a Lucky Egg. Thundurus now knows Fly, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave and Heal Block. Whoah! I booted up Surf and guess what? Smaug can learn Surf! I may not even need a water Pokemon. Let’s take a closer look at types again:

Here’s what I am good against with Thundurus, Victini, Cobalion, Smaug.

Water
Flying
Grass
Bug
Fight
Steel
Ice
Poison
Rock
Dark
Normal
Dragon

Water adds Ground and Fire to that list. However, Spotlight is a ground Pokie, and would add STAB vs Electric. So Spotlight gives me three more, and that’s pretty sexy. That’s 15 out of 17. Only Psychic and Ghost are missing. I don’t have to go with water if I teach Smaug Surf. Perhaps someone else. Automaton gives me Ground vs Electric and Fire and Ghost vs Ghost and Psychic. Only Ground wouldn’t have a super effective STAB attack against it, but it would still have Smaug’s super effective Surf vs it, just not STABed.

I grab Automation to take a look. It doesn’t even have a Ghost attack. It can learn Shadow Ball from TM. That’s a good attack. If it can learn Earthquake later this would be an auto choice. I could leave it with the super random Magnitude. Perhaps it will learn something leveling up. Alright, I give it the Exp Share instead, and drop off Spotlight. I teach Surf to Smaug and forget Dragon Dance.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote