View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #151
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Well that's the common argument, but I find it hard not to put the fault on MS when nearly all third parties suffer from the same problem. Bottomline is Vista was trapped in development hell for almost 6 years and because of this they released it before the hardware manufactures could get drivers out the door(and before the OS itself was ready).

Umm, many manufacturers had good drivers for their latest stuff, but couldn't be bothered to do it for older ones. My USB HP scanner was a good case in point. Pretty much anything newer than it had Vista drivers, but nope, not mine that was only a couple of years old. That was HP's fault, not Microsoft's.

Some of the video card drivers I'll grant you, Microsoft should have been working harder with nvidia and ATI to make sure they had good drivers day one. Audio drivers aren't even worth mentioning, there is not a single company out there that can write a decent one, and thanks to that we don't get hardware-accelerated audio anymore.

Quote:
MS also caved to Intel pressure and vastly lowered hardware requirements so Intel(I think or may have been Dell/HP) could badge their lower end machines as Vista capable. That's on MS, not Intel.

Granted, I agree on this one.