Thread: 2011 MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #64
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
In reference to the schedule, they are paying a guy to watch every single game this season and tweet about it. Perhaps they had that in mind when they made the schedule. Stranger crap has happened, I'm sure.

Tell

Not literally. That's what the ad said, but they clarified thaat they person would not literally have to watch every single game.

While yesterday's schedule was a little curious, in previous years, not every team plays on opening day as someone stated on the previous page. More than half did, but the rest used to open on Tuesday. So Monday would be a fairly full schedule, and Tuesday would be only a few games.

I guess they couldn't really do that here, with the "next day" being a Friday. That would have taken away too many Friday night games from the schedule, hurting attendance.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote