View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #924
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
204 this morning.

I know that this whole "build muscle to eventually burn fat and loose weight faster" thing is scientifically-speaking the best way to go about it, but i don't like seeing that number climb at all, even in the short-term. Especially when I seemed to be on a good, consistent regime of losing using just cardio.

It's on a very very short leash - not sure how long I will stick with it.

Does anybody else have any experience in roughly how long it takes to start kicking in and driving weight loss if i'm working out each muscle group 2x a week?

edit: Okay so I spent a little time this morning with the Google and my conclusion is that I need to go back to my cardio (45mins/day), and if I do anything at all weight-wise at least keep 30mins of cardio and supplement with a little weights. It's just hard to find a weight-lifting circuit for my different muscle groups that can be done in say 20 minutes...I need to work on that I guess. Because the circuits I have for my different muscle groups are like full...45min+ cycles in and of themselves, and I can't take that much time out of the office each day.

Have you seen Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred? It's great and designed for people who don't have a lot of time. Check it out, HIGHLY recommeded - Amazon.com: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred: Jillian Michaels, Andrea Ambandos: Movies & TV If I remember correctly, there are 3 different levels. I got addicted to Zumba and BodyCombat and haven't had a chance to try levels 2 and 3 but I heard they're brutal.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote