Thread: 2011 MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 06:44 AM   #355
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Well, if we want to make conclusions about the first 10 days of the season, you were dead wrong about the Baltimore Orioles having no chance be decent.

Not really. I didn't (and still don't) think they'd be great, but I allowed for the possibility that they might even get to .500. The point was that it still wouldn't be worth the money they wasted on Vlad, Lee and whomever else they signed to prop up a bad team to mediocre.

Now, if they're still playing anywhere near .667 ball in July, then I'll admit I underestimated them.

The Red Sox, OTOH, still will have starting pitching problems regardless of whether Lester, Buchholz, and Beckett start to pitch well. Dice-K, Lackey, Wakefield... they don't have a 4 or a 5, which was my point. And that's assuming Beckett can be somewhat consistently good. Otherwise, they've got 2 dependable starters.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-13-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote