View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:34 AM   #239
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Yeah, the more I think on it, the more it makes sense. I'd imagine they'll flesh him out a little in a Robert - Ned discussion of the Greyjoy Rebellion.

One of my favorite things about these books is the complexity, and it is very difficult to get that right and retain an audience in the tv medium.

I agree. I love the complexity as well. I've read these books at least 4 times each and never get tired of thinking about all the relations and plots and schemes and learn something new and detailed each and every time in.

You knew that they would have to sacrifice a lot of that for the show. Not only would it be confusing, but that kind of stuff takes time to establish, put into context and flesh out. It also involves a cast of thousands and that, too, has to be reduced.

So long as the show keeps the essence of the books, which I believe it has done very well so far, I am happy. They are separate things in separate medium in my eyes and I enjoy each one for it what it is.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote