View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 03:39 AM   #54
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Anyway it seems like it's time to open the can of worms known as "No Lynch Vote on Day One". If I remember correctly arguing about this was all the rage a couple of years ago. The argument is that if everyone has roles then it's best not to indiscriminately lynch someone on day one, as the chances are you'll lynch a villager with powers that are helpful to us. Looking at the powers I'm not sure if it's worth the loss of voting records for the powers on offer but it really depends on what powers people have. Seems like the powers that help the village as a whole and not just the individual is healing, animal kinship, tracking and, to a lesser extent, sixth sense.

Healing is basically bodyguard but not on yourself, animal kinship seems to be a one-off seer ability, tracking means you can see who's been using a power on someone else and sixth sense lets you know what powers someone has. Everything else is useful to the individual (and therefore useful to the village as a whole as a result) but doesn't seem directly beneficial.

Anyway before the game I was pretty sure that a no lynch vote on day one would be the way to go but with the powers as they are I'm not so sure. I'm probably 50-50 on it and would like to discuss it. Preferably without people automatically saying "You want a no lynch - you must be a wolf".

Seems to me the main power we don't want to lose is animal kinship (which, because it is only one-use, can and should be revealed straight away). I think we might want to view that as a "get out of jail free" card for one time only if someone is about to get lynched and they haven't used it yet. If someone reveals that they have the power and haven't used it then we (well probably "you" as I'll be asleep in bed when it comes time to reveal) can decide who we want to scan.

Of course there's nothing preventing a wolf from claiming to have animal kinship (or even to stop them actually having it) so we'll let them have one night to get their scan in - a healer heals them and then we decide if we want to lynch them the next day. Maybe if a villager has sixth sense then they can scan the person to see if they're lying about the skills they have. Even if they aren't lying they could still be a wolf so then we would have to decide what to do about them.

Bearing all that in mind I'm kind of veering off of a no lynch being the way forward. And I don't even know if it's an acceptable option. So yeah, that was a long post about next to nothing.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote