View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #296
Radii
Head Coach

Big contract update

We have 20 contracts set to expire. Lets quickly go through them:

-- Coach Dean Emerson - 20 working with youngsters, willing to stay on at the same rate, deal.

-- DC Nick Fenton - he's old and not playing, sorry buddy, but you're done. He makes $800/wk.

-- DLC Aswad Thomas - Makes $825/wk, will take $800 for another year. I'm good with this, he's averaging about 6.65 as a backup and is content to do that. I'm content to pay him $800 for that.

-- ST Giuseppe Sole - Sole is actually out on loan right now, I don't think I even mentioned it when it happened. He's not fit for this level of play, he only makes $500/wk but I'll let him go.

-- MC Anthony Pulis - will turn 31 before next season starts, is getting limited playing time right now and his skills have started to erode a little. His $1200/wk will be gone.

-- DLC Mike Williams - Williams is averaging only 6.67, every match he's played has been a start. He's part of a huge hole we seem to have at DC. But, he makes $800/wk and will take the same in an extension. I

would love to make him a backup by hiring on someone better, either way though, he's worth keeping at that rate.

-- DC Christian Smith - Average rating 6.48 in 10 starts this year. He makes $1200/wk. I'm leaving this decision for later.

-- MC Ed Upson - key player with a 7.13 avg rating. Makes $2800/wk. He wants $3300/wk, I offer $3000, I'll do what I have to to re-sign him though.

-- ST/AML Zoltan Harsanyi - leading scorer this year and a 7.16 avg rating, highest on the team. He makes $2000/wk and will sign an extension at the same amount. I offer it.

-- MC Chris Herd - Makes $1200/wk, has played one league match. Not bringing him back.

-- DR Abu Ogogo - Makes $2800/wk, will extend at the same rate. He's got a 6.95 rating in defense, next best defender behind Nikolaou. I'll gladly do that and try to shore up my defense in the center.

-- AMR Aiden Downes - playing poorly in limited minutes this year so far. I keep bringing in other guys at this position, I'm not sure if I want to keep him or not. I'll hang on and ponder this one.

-- DL Stelios Nikolaou - Averaging 6.96 rating this year, a solid consistent starter for me. He's very young and content to not make all that much, kinda like O'Sullivan. He'll play another year for $725/wk, ok!

December 27th, 2014

Woking(11-3-9, 10th) @ Grimsby(10-5-8, 11th)

Grimsby are 4:6 favorites at their place today. We lost to Grimsby both times we played them last year, 3 goals for/6 against in two matches. We sit 3 points out of a playoff spot, and 1 point ahead of Grimsby. They are led by Rene Howe with 8 league goals and Richard Peniket with 7.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Smith/Williams/Ogogo
DMC: Taylor
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Harsanyi/Kenny
ST: Bell-Baggie

Collins hasn't been doing as well lately, he's solid with the ball but he's been in a ton of positions to finish this year and he sucks at it, I'm starting to think that Harsanyi left/Bell-Baggie up front is our most potent lineup. We'll defend today.

10': Bell-Baggie receives the ball 30 yards out with just one defender near and a little space, he makes a couple moves and eventually generates an open shot but its from range, its a strong shot but it hits the crossbar and goes over.

22': An exciting up and down game but only 1 shot on target from each team so far.

23': As i'm typing that above they have a throwin, a quick through ball to striker Howe, he gets left wide open and buries a shot by Lynch. 0-1

24': Ogogo misses an interception on a long ball forward, their other striker gets a clear cut chance from the left side.. he hits the post, its back into play and Smith clears it behind.

33': Long ball forward to Bell-Baggie in space, he has to make a run to get into the penalty area, he pulls up a little shorter than he'd like to shoot I think, but its still a clear cut chance... but the keeper dives and saves.

42': Harsanyi has the ball, passes ot O'Sullivan, give and go is played perfectly, Harsanyi runs into the area, cuts wide and crosses it into the 6 yard box. They have 3 defenders near but Kenny is there as well, he gets up and gets his head to it, its off the bottom of the crossbar and in!! 1-1

HALF: Huge goal at the end of the half for us. They have a 55/45 possession edge, 8 shots to our 5, but they only have 2 shots on target and 5 long shots. We've put 3 on target. Headers and tackles are huge in our favor, 77/50 and 78/40 respectively.

49': a long free kick for Grimsby, its taken into the penalty area and Taylor is called for a handball... that's a penalty and they bury it. 1-2

53': Highlight starts with us taking a corner, the corner is cleared out wide, Upson is there to cross it back in, Williams gets his head to it, directs it goalward, their keeper with a great reflex save, pushing it behind for a corner, that we can't capitalize on.

56': Bell-Baggie receives a ball in the penalty area, he has to go wide with it, he generates a shot but its not a clear look and he can't get it by the keeper.

65': We control the ball in midfield, a pass goes to Bell-Baggie 35 yards out. He turns and fires... the ball beats the keeper, hits the bottom end of the crossbar, but bounces back in play, not into the net.

70': taylor with a yellow for us, they pick up a yellow immediately after.

71': N'Diaye in for Kenny, Arter in for Taylor. We'd switched to a 'standard' mindset but we'll try to attack the rest of the way.

86': Free kick just outside the penalty area... Smith takes it but uts it wide.

89': Makeup call? Long free kick for us.. its put into the penalty area, we go up for a header, and they are called for a foul for bringing our man down! Not even sure who it was. Williams takes the PK and buries it. 2-2

92': Williams gets a yellow for a tackle near midfield.

93': They get a free kick near the penalty area... we turn the cross on the free kick behind, and clear out the corner. Full time is called as we try to buidl up a counterattack.

Grimsby 2 : 2 Woking

One of their goal scorers is man of the match.

Bell-Baggie can't get a goal for us today but he has an assist (for the penalty I guess) and a 7.7 rating. Goals by Williams (7.3) and Kenny (7.2). Harsanyi a 7.4 and the other assist.

-- That ends our 5 road game in 6 matches stretch. We went 1-2-2 on the road, but lost our home game, going just 1-2-3 in that stretch.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote