View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #42
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
In addition to a few hours with Marmel, I managed to stumble into a few good team-ups this weekend and did the Positron TF with my Don-the-Baptist inspired Axe/Inv Tank. The servers seem horrifically empty and I consider myself lucky to have found these groups. I really enjoy group efforts but the soloing through the same old arcs with low levels is almost torture especially when you have to run a mile on sprint at level 5.

My handle is @bonegavel

For teams, make toons on Virtue or Freedom. I prefer Virtue, but Freedom has its supporters. I never have a problem getting a team. Join global channels. This is where a lot of teaming starts up. I can give you some great ones on virtue.

As for low levels hero side, sewers teams are almost always forming and that is a quick way to get from 1-7 or 8. Then jump to Kings row, do 3 missions and a safeguard and you have a temp travel power. I think the game takes off at level 15. You get your travel power at 14, and then Faultline arcs open at 15, which are some of the best in the game. There are 2 more at level 20 over there. Striga missions at level 20 are good. Croatoa at 25 and 30 for 4 more story arcs with great end of arc XP bonuses. Level 22 gets you to SO enhancements. The early 30's are a tiny bit of a slowdown, but you get your tier 9 power at 32. Level 35 opens up Ritki War Zone. Late 30's have always been and still are a slow go, particularly 38-40. After 40 there is just tons of stuff to do.

With the superside-kicking, you can exempt down now and still earn full XP. Even better, you still keep powers 5 levels within the exemp level. For instance, a level 38 exemping down to do level 30 stuff still keeps their level 32 and 35 powers. Also, high level players usually have no problem inviting any level to join high level stuff with the new super sidekicking system. Don't feel locked into doing team stuff at your level only.

Edited to add: I believe you can craft a temporary travel power from level 1 at the market/university. That cash I gave you should buy you a few thousand jet packs!

Also, for the brave at heart, you can buy a jet pack in Firebase Zulu for 10,000. I think it last 2 hours of game time. You can get there at any level, but talk about a long ass walk for a level 1. Though it would be cool to see a level 1 with all the Shadow Shard exploration badges!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."

Last edited by Marmel : 05-16-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote