View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 03:18 AM   #308
Radii
Head Coach

March 11th, 2015

Hereford(17-9-9, 7th) @ Woking(16-5-14, 10th)

We're 7:4 dogs today, they are 5:4 favorites, both teams are playing well above expectations going into the season. I'm not going to change my tackling instructions I don't think, but I do take note that today's ref has handed out 32 yellow cards in 6 league matches this year... this one could be messy. We've never beaten these guys, and in fact have never scored against them. Two scoreless draws last year and a 2:0 defeat at their place in September.

Our pre-game scouting tells us that Hereford has a large number of injuries and is missing many starting players today, but leading scorer Mathieu Manset (14 goals) is available.

GK: Lynch
D: Williams/Cooper/Smith/Ogogo
DMC: Taylor
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Collins/Kenny
ST: Subotic

Thomas isn't fit to go back to back at DL, so Mike Williams starts there. Collins starts at AML and Subotic at ST. "standard" mindset coming out of the gate.

7': We control early possession, O'Sullivan with a pass foward that's intercepted but not controlled well, Upson runs onto it 20 yards out and fires a shot that is just wide right.

16': A nice through ball for Hereford gets their star Manset open, but he's pushed out pretty wide to the left, he takes a shot but Lynch is in good position to make the save.

22': Kenny earns us a corner with a good run down the right. Upson takes it, its cleared but Smith puts it back foward, O'Sullivan with good control of the ball and we're attacking hard, he makes a great pass across a number of defenders, Subotic runs onto the ball and has a look from just outside the 6 yard box, he fires it hard near post under the diving keeper!! 1-0 O'Sullivan looked brilliant there in really heavy traffic.

39': A long stretch with nothing happening, we earn a free kick and O'Sullivan shoots, deflected out for a corner. Subotic gets his head on the ball after the corner but it hits the bar and goes over, so close.

HALF: We take a 1-0 lead into the locker room, we're playing pretty well and need to hold on here, possession is slightly in their favor, 56/44, but we have 8 shots to their 4. We've only managed to put 2 on target. We could easily be up 2 or 3 goals here, hopefully we can keep pushing and get a cushion in the second half.

47': Almost immediately after the second half starts striker Maccollum takes a hard shot from just outside the penalty area, it hits the right post and bounces across the face of the goal, Ogogo clears it.

48': Counter attack... there's a great ball forward to Collins, he's in the penalty area and has a one on one look against their keeper... and drills it at him, saved easily. This is why I have been starting Harsanyi, despite all of Collins' positives.

53': Two quick yellows, one on Bidwell of Hereford, a midfielder, and one on O'Sullivan.

63': Pulis in for a tired O'Sullivan, Harsanyi in for Collins.

67': Yellow for midfielder Maccollum holding on to Upson's jersey.

72': Hereford earn a corner, its taken short and a hard shot is fired at Lynch, he's able to get a hand to it and push it aside.

81': Taylor with a great tackle in midfield, I assumed a foul but non called, he gets it to Subotic and we have a few guys pushing foward, Subotic pushes it out right to Pulis who makes a run and centers it to Upson coming into the penalty area, he's open and has a great look and is able to beat the keeper!! 2-0. Very pretty play every step of the way.

81': N'Diaye in for a tired Subotic, Harsanyi up to striker, N'Diaye AML. We'll defend away the final 10 minutes as well hopefully.

Woking 2 : 0 Hereford

Great win today, Hereford may be depleted by injuries but we still had to earn it on the field and we showed great composure. 16 shots, just 4 on target but we got two of them in. We allowed 9 shots, but only 2 of those were on target. 3 were from long range and their star striker only got the ball in a really dangerous spot one time.

Upson is man of teh match today with a 7.9 rating and 1 of our goals. Subotic the other goal (7.0). Assists from Pulis (6.9 off the bench) and O'Sullivan (7.5). Ogogo (7.2), Williams (7.3), Smith (7.0), and Kenny (7.0) were noteworthy as well.

Everyone is now evened back up with 36 matches played. With 10 to go:

6th: Bristol Rovers - 60 pts
7th: Hereford - 60 pts
--------------------------------------------
8th: Rochdale - 57 pts
10th: Woking - 56 pts
9th: Oxford - 55 pts

We get another chance to make a huge statement in 3 days as we host 5th place Brighton. They won't be on short rest like we are unfortunately though.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote