View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 08:55 AM   #419
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Ned's death scene was fantastic. Very powerful. Wonderfully shot and acted. I did like having him spot Arya and sending Yoren to go get her. Her reaction was great, as was Sansa's. Excellent all around.

I liked both the scene where the Old Bear gives Jon Longclaw and Maester Aemon's speech. I thought both were well done. It's great to see some of these characters from the book really starting to take form on screen. Catelyn is another. At first, I wasn't convinced, but over the last two or three episodes the actress has really become her. Same with the guy playing Robb.

The actress playing Dany has also been fantastic. I liked the fight with Jorah and the dothraki, it really hit home the point that Jorah was making a few episodes earlier about how the dothraki weapon really isn't all that effective while on foot and fighting a guy in platemail.

Tyrion's recounting of his marriage was great. Shae is fantastic. She has really captured the essence of the character. The fact that she's a foreigner is beside the point. Bronn also continues to shine. He's given some great lines and has been great in the role.

It was nice to see some exposition without the need for sex and nakedness.

I wasn't expecting to see any of the battles, so I wasn't disappointed. There was no way, from a budget and time perspective, that they could have done them any justice. Better to skip them entirely than do something weird or on the cheap. I take any battles/fight scenes as bonuses. But, even then, unless there is something exceptional (like Drogo's) or important (Syrio's last stand, Jamie attacking Ned), about a fight scene then they aren't too terribly necessary. That said, it would have been nice to see Greywind run out of the woods first when Catelyn was waiting for Robb or at least have him running along side Robb.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 06-14-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote