View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #314
Radii
Head Coach

Injury Update

AMR Charlie Kenny will miss a week with a bruised rib he suffered in our last match. Unfortunately that may well mean he misses 3 of our last 5 matches at this point.

April 18th, 2015

Oxford(17-10-15, 10th) @ Woking(19-7-15, 9th)

We're even money favorites today at home against Oxford. I haven't been including Oxford in the playoff updates but right now they're only 3 points behind us (with 1 more match played of course). We've done awful against Oxford in our history, 1-0-4, losing 2-0 at their place earlier in the year. Oxford are led by Paul Taylor who has 20 goals, no one else on their team has more than 7. He scored both against us in that 2-0 loss.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Cooper/Smith/Alcock
DMC: Taylor
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Collins/N'Diaye
ST: Bell-Baggie

Collins and N'Diaye at AM today, Harsanyi is available off the bench. Bell-Baggie will start again today. We're going to try to attack and get an early lead.

10': Nikolaou with a cross in from the left side, O'Sullivan heads it, the keeper saves but can't hold on, N'Diaye races to the ball but they have a man get to it and clear it just in time.

18': Defender Tunnicliffe picks up a yellow for a foul on Bell-Baggie.

24': We earn our 4th corner, its taken to the far post and the keeper is out of position... but Collins heads it over the bar.

28': They earn their first corner and take their first shot off of it, but Lynch saves easily. Smith makes two good tackles to clear attacks out during this stretch of highlights.

31': Long through ball from Oxford, AML Mustoe blows by Cooper to run onto it and puts it into the left corner of the net. 0-1. We've got a lot of work to do now.

41': Lots of highlights with us on offense, Bell-Baggie ending up with it on the left side of the attack multiple times, playing the cross himself, and we just have no one that can head the ball in, everything is wildly over or wide or whatever.

HALF: we generate 7 shots but only put 2 on target. I'm going to tell the guys we need to go up the middle, these crosses... we just aren't connecting at all, and Bell-Baggie is way out of place on many of them, leaving N'Diaye or O'Sullivan to be our scoring threats. They have 3 shots, but one clear cut chance that they took advantage of, so we're in pretty poor shape here.

48': O'Sullivan forward to Bell-Baggie, he beats his man and turns but another defender clears the ball behind for a corner. Corner is taken to the far side of the area and headed well over.

59': Harsanyi in for collins, Subotic for Bell-Baggie, I'm happy that we're getting foward a bunch but not happy what we're doign with the ball, lets give someone else a try.

64': Two strong attacks from Oxford, one leading to a good shot and tough save by Lynch, the other a corner that we clear.

67': Yellow for Defender Smith for Oxford for holding back Harsanyi.

68': We turn it over poorly and they have a bit of a breakaway, O'Sullivan makes a hard tackel and gets a yellow for his troubles. I would not have been surprised if it had been red.

70': Yellow for Oxford's Norwood tackling O'Sullivan. we have a long free kick and its taken well but a header is put well over. How many times will I say that today?

77': Nikolaou with control, Harsanyi breaks behind the defense and Nikolaou finds him, he crosses it into the 6 yard area, Subotic heads it, saved but not well held, O'Sullivan comes charging in and puts it into the net!!!! 1-1

77': We stay on the attack, win it win it!

The only noteworthy event of the final 15 minutes or so is that N'Diaye comes up hurt, play didn't stop for it, we'll see how bad it is.

Woking 1 : 1 Oxford

We needed 3, but in the end feel lucky to have salvaged 1 point there. Their scorer is man of the match today. On our side O'Sullivan has a 7.2 rating and the goal. Harsanyi gets the assist (I thought Subotic, I may have misread the action on that goal) and a 6.9 rating. Upson 7.1, Nikolaou 7.0. N'Diaye struggles greatly and earns a 5.8 rating.

Playoff Update

No one else in key spots did anything today either.

5. Bristol Rovers - 70 pts
6. Brighton - 69 pts
7. Hereford - 69 pts
----------------------------
8. Rochdale - 67 pts
9. Woking - 65 pts (1 less match played)

Hereford and Bristol Rovers lose, Brighton and Rochdale pick up 1 point just like we do.

Injury Update

AMR Makhtar N'Diaye has a pulled groin and will miss 3 weeks. Bell-Baggie can play AMR well, and about to be releaed Giuseppe Sole is an "unconvincing" AMR. That's enough for now to list him as a sub and have him ready to go.

Next up is our makeup game with Accrington. A win would put us in 8th, 1 point out of the playoffs, with 3 matches to go.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote