View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 03:27 AM   #735
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yeah until you're posted to be dead you can talk. Narc just freaked you out by saying you were going to die. But he didn't know crap ;-)

I thought Narc should have fake revealed earlier, maybe countering PF. But basically I'm just dying to play the Sorceror role sometime, it's so fun.

I was more making sure that the wolf did kill Zinto and I was trying to subtly push the idea that Packer and I were wolves together. At the time I was worried that Danny was the wolf and would think Packer was the sorceror so I wanted to make sure he didn't do anything silly there.

Might seem fun to you Autumn but you're probably a bolder soul than me. I was paralysed with fear over causing a wolf to die for the first two days. I figured mau was a villager making a mistake on day one so I was happy enough going there. Day two I thought spleen was a villager as I'd pretty much decided either JAG or Packer was a wolf. When he came out and voted against me it kind of made me worried he was a wolf after all but I didn't really know what else to do in the circumstances. I was planning to fake reveal as the priest and say that mau was a wolf on day two, to try and let the wolves know who I was. I'd even typed it all out and everything but I just couldn't bring myself to do it because I didn't want to accidentally incriminate a wolf and I was worried that mau was a wolf and Chubby was the priest.

And yesterday was just a horrible roller-coaster ride of hope, despair and then confusion.

Start of the day I was pretty sure Packer was one of two wolves, I'd say 80%. 10% I thought Packer was a lone wolf and mau or bhlloy had been a wolf. I really couldn't see how Packer could be on the level unless spleen was a wolf and it was wolf-wolf on day two. So basically I wanted to signal to Packer and whoever his team-mate was to vote me and get it over with. On the off chance spleen was the wolf I wanted to let him know who I was so he could back me up if the opportunity arose and I wanted to try to flush out the seer if he was still alive. (I actually figured Danny might be it if he wasn't a wolf-partner with Packer).

Then Packer came onto me full bore without any hint that he had got my message and I got worried. When Danny didn't counter-reveal as a seer I thought I'd really blown it and that Danny was the wolf. That's why I switched to Packer. Had I stayed where I was we might well have won there and then, but I couldn't take the risk. I had it all planned how I was going to vote "no lynch" tomorrow to make sure that the wolf won and no hunter could save the day.

After that I just swung between thinking spleen or Danny was the wolf. Spleen played it smart and voted Packer to start - not Danny. But then I was wondering if Bhlloy was thrown under the bus and Packer left to report it because Danny wanted to get trust that way. By the time everyone had voted nightfall I really had no idea who the wolf was. I'd even started worrying that Packer was the wolf but only in a very paranoid way.

After nightfall I thought for a second that Packer and Danny were the wolves after all and had just strung me along all day. Since then I've been certain that Danny is the wolf and I blew it by voting him to start or that spleen was the wolf and Danny would work it out. I would say I was about 50% Danny/40% Spleen/10% Packer. I was unbelievably relieved to see that the wolves had won today but reading through I was still uncertain whether it was spleen or Danny (or Packer) who had pulled it off. When Danny revealed as a wolf I actually thought that he was the wolf and convinced Packer of it and that it was the most incredible bit of wolfish play EVAH! Great play by Danny there.

And great play by spleen. You played it really well - and I was convinced you were a villager on day two so you pulled that off nicely as well. Bit too nicely really. But if you're a wolf really don't leave your vote out hanging like that on day one.

And yeah I think the no-reveal thing is great for a small game. I think the odds (2 wolves and sorceror) were slightly stacked in the wolf's favour here but then again "we" took out the seer on night one. Without that the seer would probably reveal and the sorceror would have to fake reveal to muddy the waters. So I guess it's pretty even.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote