View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #336
Radii
Head Coach

More than any other period of the season, I have to be in just the right mindset to get through early July, sometimes I have the attention span of a gnat and I really want to sit down and do tons of scouting and really try hard to improve my team in this period. I finally found that right mood tonight and am trying to bolster my scouting staff and I look into loaning in guys at the key positions I need, AM, DC, and trying to find that elusive star striker.

In recent years we've found scouts near 20 in both evaluating talent and potential but all those guys ditch me after a year. This year that's not available and we bring in a few scouts in the 13-15 range for both abilities. That'll work, and maybe they'll stay on long term. My max contract allowed for a scout is $600, I sign 3 guys all in the $400-$600/wk range.

New Signing

27 year old Scottish DM/MC Simon Ferry has agreed to a $1500/wk deal with Woking. This isn't a loaner, its a new acquisition. This isn't a monster splash or anything, but its a guy that adds much needed depth and looks like someone who will be a solid rotation guy that will benefit the team.

He can't jump. His jumping rating is a 3. I kinda imagine that myself, as an overweight 35 year old, might have a jumping rating of 1... so a 3... embarrassing! Its worth pointing out b/c its his only rating below 8 on the entire card. Passing 13, creativity 14, teamwork and work rate both 15. Nearly every other rating he has is between 10-12. He looks like a solid all around option. He'll get into the rotation with Taylor(DMC) and Upson and O'Sullivan and will hopefully merit a lot of time on the pitch this year.

New Signing

Welcome free transfer ST Matthew Paterson to woking! Another solid, but not huge splash signing. Paterson is 25 years old and will make $1600/wk. Similar to MC Ferry above he doesn't have a lot of huge holes in his game, he's got solid and consistent numbers all the way around. He's incredibly strong (16) with very solid composure and bravery which I'm hoping will make him a poised player with the ball in the penalty area. Off the Ball, Creativity, Flair, Work Rate are all 13, Finishing, Passing, First Touch, Heading all in the 11-12 range. I don't expect we've got a star on our hands here but hopefully we've got a solid consistent contributor.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote