View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #337
Radii
Head Coach

Loan Acquisitions and a Suprise Shift in Focus

So in the past I've made a lot of loan offers where the players would never, ever consider me. So this year I looked at a lot of guys valued in the $2M range with skills where it just seems like I have zero shot at getting them to come to Woking for a year... but this year, mass acceptance!!! I have a few very very tough decisions as 3 guys that could be stars, two straight strikers and one AML/ST are all willing to play for me for the year. I still need to do something at AMR and something about my defense, but I just can't turn this away. In the end I decide to accept all three offers and to change my formation back to a more aggressive 4-2-2-2, without the DMC and with two strikers. Vince Taylor is rated highly at DC and he'll play a ton there, and if I go back to the 4-1-2-2-1 later I've got Taylor and Ferry to fill the role.

I don't know how well this will work but it seems to me like we have a chance to have an overwhelmingly good offense with these guys as long as Upson/O'Sullivan/Ferry can hold the middle and get the ball foward reliably.

AML/ST Mickael Colin is a frenchman currently on Burnley's reserve squad. His strength is only 9 but everything else in the physical section is 13+, pace 15, agility 16, accel 15. Determination 20, Work Rate 15, Teamwork 15, technically he's solid but not an automatic stud, passing, crossing, first touch, finishing all in the 9-11 range. He could play some AML with Harsanyi or just be part of the striker rotation, we'll see. He's valued at $2.1M, something that isn't necessarily a measure of skill but would have been an automatic reject in the past.

Spanish ST Constantino is an Aston Villa 20 y/o reserve who will be here for the season. Greased Lightening is the first term that comes to mind. Strengthof only 8, but he'll be the fastest player ever to play for Woking I think. Pace 17, Accel 18, Agility 16, Balance 15 is just so much better a physical specimen than we are used to seeing and I can't wait to watch him on the pitch. Off the Ball 13, Teamwork 14, Determination 14, Bravery 10, he has pretty good skills for this level too... Finishing 11, Dribbling 12, First Touch 13, Heading 11. He's a poor passer, and I'd love to see slightly higher flair(only 8) but seriously I can't complain about this guy being willing to play for me for a year. This was the guy that made me decide that I need to make room in my formation for more than one foward.

FC Dan Taylor comes to us from the Fulham reserve squad, a 19 y/o valued at $1.6M. Pace 14, everything else physical above 10, he's not the superstud Constantino appears to be but he looks solid. Technically, he's the best of all the guys i'm bringing in I think. 16 determination, 16 teamwork, 14 off the ball, 10 flair, 11 composure. 14 first touch, 14 dribbling, 12 finishing, 10 passing... slight but noticible upgrades over Constantino in the technical attributes section.

When I looked at Taylor and Constantino, I already have Subotic, I just signed Paterson, but how in the world could I tell one of these guys that I didn't have a spot for them on my team. I'll also point out that I have another acceptance on hold for a striker from Man City valued at $1.1M that is not quite up to this level that I'm going to reject.

I have a free transfer offer out for a guy I feel could be a superstar AMR. My defensive line worries go down slightly knowing I can put Taylor in the rotation, but doing something there is still an option. Its no longer a requirement, Smith/Taylor/Williams/Thomas.... it still leaves me with guys that have slightly disappointed me in the past but its not a gaping hole in the roster.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote