View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #338
Radii
Head Coach

Final Loan Acquisition

We loan in our 4th guy for the season, an aggressive "gets foward whenever possible" MC Zak Middleton off of Ipswich's reserve squad. I'm taking a risk here and maybe should have delayed this transfer to be honest, but I want this guy. This is a case of "Upson and O'Sullivan, I love you both, but you have to fight for the other MC spot this season, I'm sorry", because Middleton is going to play, and play a lot.

I had a short tinge of fear bringing in those strikers that I might not have the quality at midfield to consistently control the middle and feed the attack, and Middleton makes me feel better about that. Lets start with speed, we're a FAST team now all of a sudden. 16 pace, 12 agility, 14 stamina. Many of his mental traits are in the 13-15 range... influence, teamwork, work rate, determination, composure, bravery, with aniticpation, flair, creativity all in the 11-12 range.

A solid first touch (12), a solid ability to pass the ball(12) are critical for me, decent dribbling(8) tho a little weak to be honest, but if he can find those passing lanes it'll work out.

Now, the potential mistake I've made is that I'm assuming the stud AMR that I'm going after is going to sign. If he doesn't, well, I've got to keep looking and I've got money to spend but my only option now will be short term loaners or free transfers. The loan market at AMR was very very dry, but perhaps I should have kept that option open. The backup plan i'm hanging my hat on is that Ogogo is a competant AMR and my backup DR Alcock is not happy with his playing time, so I do have an option there. Its not an ideal one, but I do have options.

We've struggled to score in League 2 so far compared to the top teams. 50 goals our first season and 57 last year, where every single playoff team in those two seasons scored at least 65 goals and all but a couple of them scored 70+. This was not my plan going into the off-season, but I feel like an opportunity fell into my lap and I have the makings of a very potent and fun offense if I can make use of these guys properly.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote