View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 12:26 AM   #342
Radii
Head Coach

We've only got 4 friendlies this year, the last two are over the next few days, then a bit over a week off to get ready for our opening match.

Friendly #3

The first of two we expect to lose badly, we host Sheffield United from the premier league and they get two easy first half goals, both from the same striker getting a breakaway as Christian Smith finds himself out of position on a through ball. I start half of my expected first team, the rest will start in my next match in a few days. They get about 65 minutes before being subbed out.

Woking 0 : 2 Sheffield Utd

-- Lots of South American national jobs are open after the completion of the Copa America, won by Brazil in extra time over Argentina. Uruguay, Ecudor, Venezuela, and Boliva all have jobs open.

-- We're up to 1116 season tickets sold, still expecting to hit 1200.

Friendly #4

Our last friendly is on 3 days rest and I start basically a completely different lineup as a result. We've got about 10 days rest after this before the start of the new season. We're playing QPR's reserve squad at home today. We get a goal 22 minutes in as Vince Taylor blasts a 25 yard free kick into the upper left corner of the net. Constantino shows why I got so excited about him in the 34th minute taking a long pass from O'Sullivan and basically outrunning their defense before placing a perfect strike by the keeper for our 2nd goal. The exact same thing happens on the other end of the field in the 57th minute. 6 minutes later O'Sullivan to Constantino again, this time in a crowded penalty area, constantino breaks first on a pass and hits it first touch by the keeper.

Woking 4 : 0 QPR Reserves

Constantino showed us everything I hope he can be against league 2 competition today with a hat trick.

August Update

We play 5 league matches in August, opening up with Wrexham on August 8th. Our League Cup match is on the 11th. Things will be quite busy with matches on the 8th/11th/15th/18th/22nd. If we were to win our League Cup game somehow we'd also play on the 26th in round 2.

-- The board is pleased with my leadership. Our growth in stature is the main reason. The disappointment listed is the loss of favorite Giuseppe Sole.

-- We made $228k profit last month. $365k from season ticket sales was the main reason. After that it'll be a long decline into the red the rest of the year.

-- Team Captains remain the same as last year. Kevin Lynch is captain, Ed Upson is vice-captain.

We'll be missing starting MC Zak Middleton for opening day, he should be ready to help in the rotation during our busy stretch though. ST Matthew Pateroson is out for a couple more weeks still.

-- With that, its August 5th and the next update will be for opening day!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote