View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 03:11 AM   #348
Radii
Head Coach

-- Nikolaou and Colin are both named in the League 2 team of the week.

August 29th, 2015

Bury(1-2-1) @ Woking(3-1-0)

This is an even matchup according to the oddsmakers. We're 6:4 favorites, they're 13:8. We've not lost to these guys in two seasons, 2-2-0. We won both matchups last year, when Bury finished 14th.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Smith/V Taylor/Alcock
MC: O'Sullivan/Middleton
AM: Colin/Ogogo
FC: Harsanyi/Constantino

After a week off I leave my lineup exactly the same to see if the magic we found against Hartlepool could be duplicated. We're attacking at home.

1': We take the opening kickoff, feed it up to Constantino, he passes to AHrsanyi, Harsanyi blasts a shot and its barely saved.... we almost scored a goal 18 seconds in.

9': We have the ball in their end for what seems like forever, 3 corners, they can't clear it all the way, we keep pumping it back into the offensive end... and we still only have 1 shot. They're packing it in pretty tight and we're all over the place and all over the ball but that one final connection to get a shot isn't quite there.

13': A crushing shot by Bury , Lynch barely gets a finger to it and directs it high... by an inch, it hits the crossbar.

17': We give up a corner, they cross it in, we get a head to the ball... there's 3 straight headers in the penalty area won by Bury to keep it alive before they finally head one by Lynch and into the net. We never let that happen, we always dominate the air!! 0-1

20': Constantino receives a pass in the penalty area, makes a move and generates our first clear cut strike mostly on his own. But he drills it at the keeper and its saved. We earn a corner, Harsanyi gets a shot but its saved as well.

22': They counter after our last failed corner... a long ball leads to a breakaway, they try a shot from outside the area, and Lynch dives and tips it wide. Corner is cleared out.

25': Mickael Colin almost did it again... he takes a pass on the left side of the area, he dribbles by one man, by a second, splits two defenders, and fires a shot from a great spot... and it hits the post and goes wide. SO close.

35': After a cross Bury clear to midfield. Vince Taylor isn't having any of it, he tackles the ball away, passes to Middleton. Middleton makes a long run into the penalty area, stops, places a short pass that beautifully slips between two defenders, constantino meets it and strikes it with his first touch, and he puts it in!!! Just a great, pretty looking play. 1-1

44': A Bury attacker is 1v1 against Christian Smith, he burns Smith in embarrassing fashion before firing a shot, Lynch makes another diving stop.

HALF: Wow, what a half. This has been awesome. Somehow Lynch only has a 6.9 rating, I'd give him an 8 for the saves he's made. Middleton has been brilliant and there are shots coming from everywhere. 6 for us, 5 on target. 7 for them, 4 on target. 58/42 possession edge, they are actually winning the battle in the air today, by quite a bit. We're not completing many crosses either.

48': Huge defensive lapse on a throwin for us. Somehow... maybe we think we've set up the offside trap succesfully, but there's a cross by Bury into the area and they get two men behind our last line of defense to receive it. Its clear cut strike #3 on the match for Bury but they put it wide. We got very, very lucky there.

56': No!! How did we not score. Colin tries two crosses, both blocked, before getting a pass in to Harsanyi, he hits O'Sullivan who plays a great pass to Ogogo, his shot hits the keeper, and it floats up into the air for anyone to go head in... fail, headed over by Harsanyi.

60': Constantino takes a pass in the penalty area, he goes down.. PENALTY! Middleton is going to take it, and... he hits it straight at the keeper, its saved. Dreadful. Just awful.

61': Yellow for defender Westlake deep in their end. Smith crosses into the area, headed behind for a corner. They clear the corner.

68': Upson in for the tired Middleton

76': O'Sullivan with a yellow.

78': N'Diaye in for Ogogo.

80': Alcock to Upson, Upson to Harsanyi 20 yards out, he turns to the right, I'm 100% expecting the through ball to constantino, but no, he just blasts a shot between two defenders, and it shocks everyone as it rockets into the left side of the net. There's an audible "WHOA" that would make Joey Lawrence proud as I watch that shot. 2-1

93': We give up a corner but clear it easily, turning it into a counter attack, the ball gets ahead to Constantino who takes it into the left corner before dropping a pass back to Nikolaou, a cross is put in, N'Diaye heads it inches over. The match is called soon after.

Woking 2 : 1 Bury

This was a thrilling game, filled with chances. Graet keeping? Horrible shooting? We took 17 shots, put 10 on target, generating SIX clear cut chances. They took 10 shots, putting 4 on target, generating THREE clear cut chances. That's 9 instances where a goal really should have been scored, yet its 2-1.

Harsanyi is man of the match today with a goal and an 8.0 rating. Constantino with our other gaol and a 7.3 rating. Assists form Upson (6.9) and Middleton(7.5). Lynch 7.1, Alcock 7.0, Nikolaou 7.0, Colin 7.0.

-- Last year we got 15 goals from Harsanyi, 9 from Subotic, 6 from Bell-Baggie, the rest spread around amongst the midfield. After just 5 league matches Constantino has 7 goals for us. Two guys have 6, Constaintino is currently leading the league in goals scored though. Its early, cold streaks will happen, players get shut down... but I'm so thrilled with our offense so far this year.

-- Mickael Colin is really making me question what I'm going to do with Zoltan Harsanyi. Colin has put in 3 great games for us and he seems capable of individual plays that are just stunningly good. Harsanyi seems to thrive in the second foward role in a very limited sample more than Dan Taylor. We may run Colin AML, Harsanyi and constantino up front for awhile.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote