View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I largely disagree here. We found that the dining reservations were usually the best way to organize things, otherwise you're having fun at Park X only to realize you have to leave & frantically try to make it to wherever you're eating. Likewise having a general plan focused on your top priorities at Park X upon arrival is important, organizing your first few rides in a logical sequence will have you on more rides/attractions and spending less time trekking across the parks. (i.e. if Fantasyland at MK is your top priority then go directly to it when the gates open, don't dawdle & gawk en route. If you do, you're going to be facing 2x-4x the wait times. Our first trip featured a 3 hr wait in record heat just get my kid on Pooh.)

It's possible to overplan (did that on a couple of trips) but having plans built around your priorities is something I'd call a must ... at least if you want to accommodate those things with the least amount of wasted time & energy. With most WDW visits, time & energy become more precious commodities than cash (and at Disney, time is always money ).

Yes, I'll agree here. Plan the dining ahead of time. Just don't come up with a down-to-the-minute itinerary with the parks, and be willing to change some plans based on what the kids want to do.