View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #11
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

We are a Disney family with over 20 trips. Now my daughter is an architect in the Imagineering Dept and my son-in-law is in Guest Relations, giving VIP tours and often in charge of the Castle suite on weekends. So I tend to know what is going on.

Dining reservations are a must, the advice to get reservations and plan your days around them is sound advice. Meal plans are terrific and the folks at Disney will do what they can to accommodate you when you have choices to make. One important point I'll add is that top-of-the-line eating often takes TWO sit down meal points. They will point this out to you, but you need to be aware of this since you said you want the premium resorts. Ohana's at the Polynesian, California Grill at the Contemporary and several at the Grand Floridian all cost two table service meals. So be prepared.

With 6 and 4 year olds, EPCOT will be a long day with the kids getting tired and a bit bored. Hollywood Studios go early and directly to the Toy Story Fast Pass lines. The Fast Passes for Toy Story are gone by 11 AM which means an hour+ wait for what is a must-do ride.

I'd avoid the new Animation hotel until it goes through its shakedown phase successfully. We stayed at Coronado Springs when it first opened, and little things went wrong.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote