View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 07:02 AM   #24
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Hello all. As Glen posted above, his wife(currently posting under his name) has been lurking for sometime now.

We are planning a trip to WDW sometime the first half of next year. I would love to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge with the safari view, but the lodge seems a bit out of the way. Does anyone have any experience with this particular resort?

Also, as we are from the west coast, and this will likely be a once in a lifetime trip, I am curious about staying on Disney property, but getting to Universal Studios or possibly the beach. Is it possible? is there public transportation to get us there and back? taxi? or will we have to rent a car?

Animal Kingdom Lodge is fantastic but definitely out of the way. If this will be a once in a lifetime trip, I would say stay more centrally located. Animal Kingdom Lodge is best for folks who want to live with the animals for a few days.

You will need a car to get to Universal or SeaWorld. There's also a dinosaur park that is better than you'd think off towards Tampa. My daughter likes it. Forget the beach, it is around an hour away--but so is Cape Canaveral if there is a launch. Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are better than a day at the shore, so Disney takes care of that. Plus there are pools with big slides at all the resorts.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote