View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #25
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Hello all. As Glen posted above, his wife(currently posting under his name) has been lurking for sometime now.

We are planning a trip to WDW sometime the first half of next year. I would love to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge with the safari view, but the lodge seems a bit out of the way. Does anyone have any experience with this particular resort?

Also, as we are from the west coast, and this will likely be a once in a lifetime trip, I am curious about staying on Disney property, but getting to Universal Studios or possibly the beach. Is it possible? is there public transportation to get us there and back? taxi? or will we have to rent a car?

I don't know much about the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but if you are doing a once in a lifetime trip and want to get to Universal Studios, I'd consider staying onsite at WDW for however many days you want to visit their parks and then renting a car and staying somewhere closer to Universal.

We stayed 8-days a pretty nice Extended Stay, that was within walking distance to Universal, for what we paid for 2 days in a mid-range Disney hotel. And, by staying off site and in an Extended Stay, you can sneak in meals and a few daytrips (Drive to the Beach, although it is far/Sea World/Shopping/Go to a Movie/etc.) without feeling like you are blowing money at the resort by not going to a park.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote