View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #28
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Hello all. As Glen posted above, his wife(currently posting under his name) has been lurking for sometime now.

We are planning a trip to WDW sometime the first half of next year. I would love to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge with the safari view, but the lodge seems a bit out of the way. Does anyone have any experience with this particular resort?

Also, as we are from the west coast, and this will likely be a once in a lifetime trip, I am curious about staying on Disney property, but getting to Universal Studios or possibly the beach. Is it possible? is there public transportation to get us there and back? taxi? or will we have to rent a car?

I'm staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in September. We've got a 10-person room on the safari side. We've heard from others that it's well worth it. I've stayed at a room at the lodge before. Bus service is very good. We've found that the extra few minutes on the bus are more than offset by the frequency of buses that they send to the resort.

As a sidenote, anyone who doesn't use MouseSavers (http://www.mousesavers.com/) to plan trips is missing out. We use Undercover Tourist (referenced on MouseSavers) to purchase our tickets. I also have saved hundreds on nearly every trip just by watching the deals on MouseSavers and getting them matched once I see them. Disney allows you to book early and then call them back and get a price match if they drop the price on what you booked. The only catch is that the deals often are out within days, so watching a site like MouseSavers on a regular basis is key to getting that price match.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote