View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #36
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

We've found the best time to go is after Thanksgiving and before Christmas. The cheaper rates are still in effect up to around Dec 22 or so and the Christmas special parades and such have started. For us, going as soon as school ends (my wife is a teacher) and going home on the 23rd has worked very well at least twice.

In the Fall, don't forget the Food and Wine festival at Epcot. Lots of food and drink stands as you wander around.

Port Orleans is our favorite spot. Good mix of price and convenience. Evenings we take the boat to Downtown Disney and eat/roam around. Not every hotel has a boat.

Take the Magical Express from the airport. It is part of your package and handles you and your baggage coming and going. The best thing Disney has done to make it painless to get there.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote