View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 11:51 PM   #468
Radii
Head Coach

-- I picked up striker Bob Green earlier this year on a free transfer and was tunned when his value was over $100,000. He's only played in one cup match for me, he looks alright but he's young, my scouts view him as not as good as any of the 4 guys I regularly run at foward, and say that he doesn't even have the potential to be as good as Harsanyi. Despite that... his value has skyrocketed to $425,000... What the hell is up with that? Ed Upson is valued at $100,000. Harsanyi $55,000, Vince Taylor $50,000. Hopefully i'm not ruining

something special here, but I can't resist. I offer him to other clubs at his current value of $425,000. Lets see what happens.

December 17th, 2016

Woking (11-8-2, 2nd) @ Colchester(6-5-10, 20th)

Colchester are 5:4 favorites a their house today, we're 7:4 to win. This will be our first ever meeting. This is Colchester's 9th year in a row in League 1. Last year they finished 3rd and made the playoffs, its their only top 10 finish in the last 5 years.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Taylor/Marc/Ogogo
MC: Upson/Paulo
AM: Colin/N'Guessan
FC: Harsanyi/constantino

They are led by John Marsden who has 9 goals this season. Lynch is back, hooray! We're going to attack on the road.

11': Marc wins a ball in the midfield and sends it up immediately to Constantino, he has a small opening and fires a shot from 20 yards out, but the keeper makes a nice save.

18': They're trying to work the ball around the area, Ogogo commits a foul inches outside the box, their striker Mardsen takes the free kick but puts it wide.

26': Constantino has it about 30 yards out, he'd defended tightly but places a great pass foward to Harsanyi, Harsanyi is in the area, a defender is near, but Harsanyi gets a clear cut chance out of it... he's a bit too close to the keeper though and its deflected back for a corner, which we can't convert.

44': Aftera long time with no highlights Nikolau commits a foul about 25 yards out, they put a shot way wide.

HALF: We have a 58/42 possession edge, they're passing is awful (50%), while our tackling is awful (54%). Both teams have 5 shots, but we have 4 on target and are at least threatening. 4 of theirs are from long range and all off target.

48': We have a throwin, we take a shot but its blocked, they get ot it first and put a long ball towards our end... their star Mardsen is there... and no one else is even remotely close. Mardsen walks into the area and beats Lynch. 0-1 Vince Taylor's rating just tanked, I don't see what happened exactly but clearly the goal was blamed on Taylor.

56': We build up a bit, a pass to Harsanyi, Harsanyi runs parallel to the penalty area, Constantino cuts through the defense and Harsanyi stops and plays a perfect through ball, Constantino receives it and very easily scores to level it up! 1-1

60': midfielder Wooten with a yellow for Colchester.

63': After a very short buildup there's a pass from Paulo to Harsanyi, he takes it into the area and fires a shot but he's pretty well defended and can't put it on target, its wide left.

65': Paulo with a yellow.

66': They make a run down the right side, there's a cross into the area... Taylor seems ot have a shot at it, one of their men gets to it and heads it to the side for another open man, Paulo seems to have a shot at THAT but their striker gets to it and blasts it into the back of the net... Nikolaou missed a tackle on their midfielder too, errors all over the place there. 1-2

71': Colin with a yellow.

80': Alcock in for N'Guessan, Ogogo to AMR. O'Sullivan in for Paulo.

87': O'Sulliavn has it about 40 yards out, he makes a little move and plays a ball into the area, Ogogo beats his man to the ball and fires a shot, its by the keeper, hits the left upright and ricochet's in!!! 2-2

91': Yellow for defender Wedderburn... we have a free kick from 30 yards, Upson blasts it, off the wall and out wide, throwin is cleared away.

93': we're fighting to keep the ball in their penalty area to try to get a goal... Colin goes up for an uncontested header out wide to try to send it in... and comes down hurt. REALLY???

That'll do it.

Colchester 2 : 2 Woking

We were better here, by a lot, but gave up a couple really crappy goals. That's pretty much the whole deal today.

Man of the Match: Harsanyi (8.0)
Goals: Constantino (7.7), Ogogo (7.7)
Assists: Harsanyi, O'Sullivan (6.9)
Notables: Marc (7.1), Upson (7.0)

Taylor puts up a 6.5, he'd haev a graet rating without the critical mistake allowing a goal. Paulo a 6.8, he'd have a spectacular rating without his error.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote