View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 11:48 PM   #531
Radii
Head Coach

Friday AM - June 16th

I declare interest in the Ipswich job.

Friday PM - June 16th

A prominent member of the Woking Board speak to The League Paper and hope that I'll stay with the team i've coached for 8 years. I feel a twinge of guilt.

Sunday June 18th

-- Arsenal, QPR and the GH Academy all offer Woking friendlies. We take them, the Arsenal one will pay us $90,000.

Sunday June 18th

Terry Butcher has had his contract terminated with immediate effect by Ipswich Town

In a lunchtime interview, Ipswich chariman Simon Clegg announced that Terry Butcher had been relieved of his duties as head coach and that the club would be looking to replace him in the very near future, but strenuously denied that a replacement had already been identified.

-- I asked for this, I went out of my way to publicly signal interest in a job where the coach had a low level of security due to not meeting expectations. But seeing that they fired their coach 2 days later makes me feel extremely guilty. Wow.

That same day...

Ipswich Approach Dixon

Ipswich Town chairman Simon Clegg has offered you a two-year contract on $2,800/wk to take the coaching job at Portman Road, believing you to be the ideal person to replace former head coach Terry Butcher.

Transfer Budget: $85,000
Payroll Budget: $325,000/wk

That's a looooow transfer budget, though I assume I could get it to go up significantly by lowering the payroll a bit.

I essentially asked for this job. There's a 90% chance I'm taking it. But I'm going to do a little extra 'due diligence' before I click accept. I'll do that in the next post.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote