View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 06:40 AM   #44
Dutch
"Dutch"

The Bucs looked good in Kansas City last night.

Josh Freeman looked pretty good, continues to play smart (doesn't rush his throws but moves in the pocket to make time), but ended up running on a couple of occassions when it looked like he had guys wide open. Since he's 6'5", it's really about getting that game-time awareness back.

2nd string QB Josh Johnson continues to improve. He's not Michael Vick, but I think when he's in his prime, he'll play a game similiar to Vick's game back in Atlanta. Good arm, great mobility, probably the wrong system though as Tampa basically works Freeman as a classic dropback QB.

The Bucs WR's are a great corp of receivers, but they lack that ball-possession guy. Insert Kellen Winslow (he didn't play last night) and suddenly we'll have that again.

The Defense looks FAST. They were all over every play. Breaking down the Chief's line at will, big hits from their secondary, swarmed to the ball-carriers....the 3rd and 4th string teams were dropping late-hits/stupid-hits at the end of the game which showcased their enthusiasm...but not their ability to play the game of football.

Barring a couple of illegal shifts and one empty backfield that left Josh Johnson (with ball outstretched to hand-off) doing a 180 into a swarm of angry Chief lineman and LB's----the Bucs looked sharp and ready to play. Very positive sign for the 1st pre-season action.

Next up, The New England Patriots...I think they will be more prepared than the Chiefs, but that's just a hunch. I'm taking my wife to that game...excluding the predicted 35,000 Pats fans, I can't wait.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote