View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #63
Blackadar
Retired

Nice time on your 5k Larry. That's great improvement from the prior one is such a short time.

After doing a Tabata workout on Friday, I was pretty leg-dead on Saturday. According to iMap, I did 2 miles in 19:38 and that was it for this weekend. I'd worked out for 2 weeks straight and my body needed a break on Sunday. There's only so far you can push your body as you get older.

Provided I get my runs in on Tuesday/Thursday, I'll enter my 5k this coming weekend with a grand total of 8 practice running workouts. That ain't much training, but it's the best I could do with such short notice. Another two weeks of training would probably be very beneficial.

---

If anyone is unfamiliar with Tabata, it's 20 seconds of exercise at full blast (everything you have) with 10 seconds off. Do that 8 times (total 4 minutes) and then take a minute break. Then repeat. It's very beneficial for your cardio-vascular system, but it'll kick your ass. You could do it running by sprinting for 20 seconds, walking for 10 and repeat it for 4 minutes.

Last edited by Blackadar : 08-15-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote