View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #83
larrymcg421
Head Coach

So after a terrible run on Thursday where I had to stop at the 2 mile mark and walk most of the remaining distance, I got a little discouraged and decided it was time to take a bit of a break. It was frustrating how my legs just felt dead at the very beginning of some runs, making it a struggle just to get a good workout. Combined with stress from work, finances, returning to school, social obligations, it was time to take a break. So I didn't run at all last weekend. I didn't run again until Monday afternoon, and wow the break was just what I needed.

Monday, August 29th, 2011

Distance: 5.57mi
Time: 00:52:43
Pace: 9:28min/mi
Speed: 6.34mi/h

I could tell things were better from the very beginning. My legs felt so good it felt like I was floating. I didn't even have to stop and walk once. I even managed to handle a steep half mile hill at the 2.5 mile mark without much trouble. This run gives me renewed confidence, especially for the 5 mile race I have coming up in September.

I decided that for the time being, I am going to run every other day. I think I started to overdo it a bit much, running three 5K's in three weeks and running almost every day of the week. Also, I will take two days off before races instead of one like I do now.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote