Thread: Breaking Bad
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #140
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
The idea of Hank breaking bad is interesting, fits with the theme of Walt corrupting everyone around him. It would be tough to pull off, but if any group of writers could it would be these. But it would be a far larger change than any other character on the show has experienced, IMHO.

Before last week I would have thought this was very very unlikely. I mean, in general the idea is plausible right? Walt is paying for Hank's rehab and there's a reasonable path they could take to have Hank find out and lead the investigation a different direction. But it just doesn't seem like Hank. Hank's going to get his man and it doesn't matter who it is.

After last week though, I think I could see it a little easier. Not because something is different about Hank, but just the simple fact that they jumped SO quickly tying Gus to Gale with the fingerprints. It seems like there's going to have to be something really major that slows down the investigation knowing how many episodes are left. It doesn't have to be Hank breaking bad, but its one of the options. The suggestion about Gus perhaps being in the DEA supervisor's pocket would be another way, a big focus on a war with the cartel slowing the timeline down a lot, so in terms of the story the investigation goes pretty quickly but in terms of the final season it takes a lot of show hours to get there b/c of a drug war.

I'm sure there's a lot of other options, but so much progress... and just a couple weeks ago we had Walt inside Los Pollos Hermanos giving his name and angrily asking for Gus and storming into the back of the store. It just doesn't seem like it would take long for Hank to piece everything together.

Last edited by Radii : 09-03-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote