View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 01:25 AM   #728
Radii
Head Coach

Injury Update

-- Fredy Guarin is going to miss 2 weeks with an injured elbow.

-- Neil Gordon signs his adjusted offer.

Transfer Out

Rob Lewis is going to Cardiff. We got $1.1 Million for him, exactly his value. When I first took over at Ipswich he looked like a nice young prospect, and hey he still is. But we aren't really playing him very much and we've moved to a 1 striker formation for what will very likely be the rest of the season here. Lewis just doesn't have a place here, and hasn't since we signed Constantino. The next striker we bring in, whether its at the EPL or Championship, we need to look for a target man type I do believe.

January Update

-- We play on the 1st, 13th, 19th, and 29th in league play. We play in the FA Cup on the 5th, assuming that we win there we'll play again in the FA Cup on the 26th.

-- The board is pleased with my leadership. The fans are pretty unhappy with a lot of individual play they're seeing, but they love McDonald Mariga, as do I. Troy Brown's inability to do anything out there is a serious concern.

-- We lost $510k last month.

-- New Keeper Carlos Antonio arrives at Ipswich... injured. LOLZ. He'll miss a couple weeks and will be covered by backup keeper Dominic Johnson.

January 1st, 2019

West Ham(10th) @ Ipswich(2-2-17, 19th)

West Ham are 1:2 favorites at Portman Road on new years day. We've played them twice this year, losing 3:2 at their place in August and losing 1:0 at our place in the League Cup.

GK: Johnson
D: Kirkland/Bruce/Brown/McKerr
M: Adriano/Donnelly/Mariga/Berthet
AMC: Gordon
ST: Khan

Emilio Nsue I remember from the first match with West Ham. He's got 9 goals on the year.

Dominic Johnson starts for us today *gulp*. We counter and drop our back line deep.

7': After winning a ball in defense a long ball goes from Kirkland up to Adriano.. he's behind the defense, he's not quick but he's got a ton of space here... he gets to the edge of the area, not considered a clear cut chance but its a pretty good look... keeper makes the save though.

12': Mariga tracks way back in defense to make a key tackle after one of their men beats Troy Brown and is about to challenge our inexperienced keeper. Corner for them, but we clear. They push it back forward and earn a second corner. We clear this one out wide for a throwin and finally clear to safety.

24': A couple throwins for us in their end... we get a shot from Mariga from pretty long range, blocked for a corner, they clear easily.

31': Couple more highlights of shots going over the bar, Donnelly got a decent look for us but put it high and they got one off a free kick.

34': A solid counter for us, a long ball to Constantino... he's a long way out and shoots before getting into the area and before they can close down.. keeper makes a nice save.

HALF: We see a few more highlights for both teams but the only shot is a really long effort by Mariga that had no chance. We've played well this half but we'll see if we can weather the storm in the second half, we've been here before. This is a team we could stand a reasonable shot against at home though. We have 8 shots to their 5, 3 on target to their 2. They're controlling possession pretty well 57/34, stats are even across the board except for headers where we're actually winning more than they are, that's a refreshing change. We've done a good job packing it in and protecting our keeper today so far.

46': They start with the ball but Mariga charges and wins it right away... a pass up to Constantino, then out wide to Berthet, back to Mariga who fires from the edge of the box... blocked for a corner. They clear the corner.

58': Gordon with a free kick from 20 yards out, didn't see how we earned it. He tries to bend it around the wall but it hits the last man and goes out for a corner. They clear it but we send it back forward... a cross into the area is headed away though, no luck.

72': They build up and get a man deep down the left, Brown tackles a ball away for a corner before he can try to pass it in... we win the ball away on the corner and try to counter, getting it quickly to Constantino. We pull it back and set up our offense though... and do nothing. Ah well.

76': Kang in for Berthet, Kang AMC/Gordon MR. Yebda in for a really tired Mariga... I hesitate making this change as Mariga has been a part of nearly all our goals lately, but I hope fresh legs work.

89': A highlight opens with us having a throwin near their end line... we back it up and try to build up... Kang shoots and puts it 1000 yards wide.

94': They earn a throwin in our end, getting nothing but a speculative shot from 20 yards out that goes high.

That's it, its been a long time since we got a point and we'll happily take it.

Ipswich 0 : 0 West Ham

This was a very beatable team but we are on such a long losing streak that a draw is good. Their keeper ends up man of the match.

Notables: Kirkland (8.1), Mariga (7.2), McKerr (7.5)
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote