View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 02:21 AM   #730
Radii
Head Coach

New Signing

-- With this, we're done for the year. Welcome 32 y/o DC Henrique to Ipswich. He was valued at $1.5M but was in the first team at West Brom, a team trying to hop back up into the EPL after being relegated last year. They accepted $4.1M after a few offers went by. We scouted a large number of guys that were as good or better than Troy Brown, Henrique came with the "quality signing" and "a lot better than our best DC Troy Brown" praise, and was really the only guy we looked at that we had a chance to sign. All other offers rejected flat out.

Henrique is getting up there in years a but he's retained his physical abilities very well so far. All of them are 14, except Jumping/Strength are 15.

Mental: Positioning 17, Determination 14, Decisions 14, Composure 15, Bravery 15

Technical: Heading 16, Marking 15, Tackling 14

Henrique is going to make $37,500 for the next two seasons.

-- Henrique has spent the last 5 years with West Brom, so he has four years of EPL experience with them, playing 30+ matches every season and putting up ratings in the 6.8-7 range in all of those seasons, including the one where they relegated back down.

-- I'm not sure I've mentioned it but our board has a mandatory 25% Promotion Raise/Relegation Drop clause. I'm not allowed to alter it in any way. I assume at least, from my reading of the FM11 thread, that this is unique to my board and not a game wide thing. So all these contracts and signings and all have a 25% salary drop in them should we demote back down.

-- With this, we'll be playing the rest of the season with 3 new players. Keeper Carlos Antonio, DC Henrique, and DLC/ML Jack Hughes. Antonio and Henrique appear to be decisive upgrades, while Hughes is a very promising youngster that will provide some first team cover and get some experience.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote